Thursday, July 18, 2013

Host Family

     I have actual news this time. I got my host family! Last week...but I was too lazy to write about it until now. Anyway, I will be living in a small village near Bonn with a mom and dad, a 16 year-old brother, and a 14 year-old sister. They sound like a great family, and I can't wait to meet them! For now though, they are only planning on hosting me for the first semester. I leave in exactly three weeks, which is obviously completely insane, but at the same time, it's hard to imagine waiting even that long. Buuuuut at the same time I feel like there is SO much left to do before I leave.
     In other news, someone broke into my house and stole my camera charger and a half-empty pack of gum. Or so I suspect. After an extremely thorough search for the aforementioned items proved fruitless, this is the conclusion I've had to draw. Thankfully my Amazon Prime thirty day free trial hasn't run out, so I was able to replace the charger without much loss, but the gum cannot be replaced because where, I ask you, can one buy a half-empty pack of gum?
     Despite these troubles, I am on the brink of the greatest adventure of my life so far, and I've realized just how blessed I am, in every way, not just in this. Hopefully this will be the first step away from mediocrity, away from being average, away from unfulfilled dreams and abandoned goals, things I've always feared, and the first step toward something beyond a normal, domestic life, toward making a difference and leaving my mark on the world. Finally, I can begin to truly use the abilities I've been given. I feel like I've been waiting for this forever, and I couldn't be more ready.

Today's Song: "Beautiful Day" by U2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXllELarVAY

Yours truly,
Anne

2 comments:

  1. Hello Anne, you talented blogger,

    can't wait to read more and finally see you!

    Love, Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Du bist zu süß, Magdalena! Meine Deutsch ist ausgezeichnet, siehst du? Ja, meine Blog hat schon viele, viele Fans natürlich. Bis bald!

    ReplyDelete