Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Last Day

Today is my last day at home. This morning I woke up at 5:45 and went with some friends to get donuts then watch the sunrise at the local soccer fields. It was amazing. I can't think of a better way to spend my last free morning here.
I spent the rest of the morning thrift shopping with friends, playing cards, and saying a few goodbyes.
It's cool because today is the fourth anniversary of the day I first met Camilla (from Germany who inspired me to do this). Shout out to you, Camilla!
My bags are packed, I got my boarding passes and charged my iPod...it's time to go!
Let's see, what else...I went to Walmart for the last time today.
Anyways, after 425982374923759 years of waiting, the day is finally almost here. THANK THE LORD. I'm pretty sure tonight will be even longer than 425982374923759 (Would you believe I just typed that out instead of copying and pasting because I was too lazy to pick my hands up off the keyboard?) years, but I'll make it.
It still hasn't hit me yet, what's happening, maybe a plane ride and some U2 will trigger a realization.
I promise this blog will get way more interesting ("I went to Walmart for the last time today"?) when I'm actually being an exchange student and whatnot. So hang in there!

Today's Song: "On My Way" by Phil Collins
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JlwU5IVd66A

Yours truly,
Anne


                                                               The sunrise this morning
                                                         
                                          My little sisters vandalized our new fence for me.
                                                                 
                                                             And just to be thorough...
                                                               
                                                                Really thorough.
                                                                I love those kiddos.

No comments:

Post a Comment