Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Last Night

     I know it's late and I should be sleeping since I'm getting up at 5:45, but there's no way I'll fall asleep anytime soon. I had my final goodbye party with my friends tonight. When the time came to say goodbye (to most of them) I really didn't think I would be able to cry. I just wasn't in a crying mood. But once I was alone in my room with one of my closest friends, we both broke down before we (or at least I) knew what was happening. My mind hasn't processed the fact that I'm leaving, but my emotions sure have.
     Every little thing is a source of nostalgia- the shower, the chair I'm sitting in, my pajamas, the Harry Potter book on desk. Of course, I'm still ridiculously excited, I'm just realizing how much I love my life and how much I'll miss it. It's a hard thing.
     But when this year is over, I'll have a whole other world to love and to call home.

Today's Song: "You'll Be in My Heart" by Phil Collins and Glenn Cose
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rzb0DhqI-Kw

Yours,
Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment