Saturday, August 17, 2013

Washington D.C. and Schloss Wittgenstein

     I know I've shamefully neglected this blog, but I have been ridiculously busy/exhausted since I left. We youth ambassadors have done so much since last Thursday that there's no way I will remember everything, but I will make a list here of everything I remember and post some pictures. When I'm not dead from walking up the death hill from town to the castle I will write a real post!

Since Last Thursday:
-State Department briefing
-Met German exchange student counterparts
-Explored Old Town Alexandria
-739478 icebreaker/get-to-know-each-other games
-Holocaust Museum
-Flew to Germany, watched Pretty in Pink
-Arrived in Germany at approximately 7:00 AM THEIR time
-Upon arrival walked through Bad Laasphe, saw nothing
-Moved into shveet dorm rooms, nothing but Ikea furniture
-Slept
-Nutella
-Scavenger hunts, orientation sessions, exploring the town and Schloss Wittgenstein
-Bierfest
-German classes unfailingly followed by naps
-Day trip to Marburg
-Fall weather
-Sleep

Today's Song: "This is Your Life" by The Killers
I don't want to mess with YouTube right now. Or rather Germany doesn't.

Yours,
Anne

                                                                       Flight to DC
                                                               Sunrise at the Schloss
                                                                           Bierfest
                                                                     My home for now
                                                                Cathedral in Marburg
                                                                         Germany
                                                                          Rooftops
                                                   View from the Schloss in Marburg
                                                                  Schloss in Marburg

No comments:

Post a Comment