Thursday, August 8, 2013

Morning of Departure

     I've already been awake for over an hour because of my excitement. It's weird to finally for it to FINALLY be the day I've waited for, longed for, and played out in my head for SO long. No matter what happens this year, I know I will be changed by it. I read a quote recently that talked about how it's not the people and places you miss the most, but the person you were in a certain time that you aren't anymore. I already feel how true this is.
     In any case, I need to get ready.

Today's Song: "Leaving on a Jet Plane" by John Denver
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4hsC0nRvZM

Anne

2 comments:

  1. I cannot tell you how important you made me feel by texting me from the airport. For one, my own kids don't care to let me know they are about to board a plane. Secondly, it really made me even more excited for you. I will forever remember what you told me last week, when I told you how brave I thought you were. You said, "To be brave means you are afraid. I'm not afraid because I have waited for this for so long." What a truly inspiring quote. My wish for you is for this adventure to be more than everything you hoped it would be.

    Ms. James aka the teacher you have inspired.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the touching comment! It feels so great to have inspired someone! I appreciate you giving me the opportunity.

    ReplyDelete